Llory was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently recovering from a really crappy surgery. She is not only a local musician (lead singer for Arizona’s favorite band Combo Deluxe), long time resident and favorite friend to many in Jerome and the local area; she is a very good friend to those of us here at the Mile High Grill and Inn. We would like to say we love her the most, but judging from the epic response to assist her, we doubt it. But we’ll settle for a tie.
Due to the nature of her surgery, it is anticipated that she will not be performing for an extended period of time and the town, her fellow musicians, friends and fans are coming together to raise money to cover her expenses so she can do nothing but concentrate on recovering. It’s in our own selfish best interest – we want her back, she makes us feel good.
While a 50/50 raffle is the big draw for the evening here on the 7th, the fun will begin with contests and prizes for Best Dressed Llory Impersonation, followed by karaoke and a Lloryoke Song Contest.
We will have a special EATS n DRINKS menu, featuring Llory’s favorite foods and ‘adult’ beverages and the staff will be working their tails off, donating their ENTIRE day’s tips to the fundraiser.
Below are times and contest info:
4-7pm Happy Hour
5-10pm Llory’s Pick Dinner Menu
7-10pm Lloryoke Karaoke (Pick a Llory song for the contest or sing another favorite just because you know you can)
9:00pm 50/50 Drawing Winner Announced
9:15pm Best Dressed Llory Impersonation Winner Announced
9:30pm Best Lloryoke Song Performer Winner Announced
- The 50/50 tickets are 1 for $5.00 or 5 for $20.00 and will be on sale from Aug. 30 until the event on Sept. 7th.
- We hope to sell up to 1,000 tickets. 50% of the final sales go to Llory and 50% goes to the winner.
- You do not need to be present to win but you MUST have your name and phone number written legibly on the winning ticket. If you are not present and do not have your name or phone number written on the ticket, it will be considered null and void and a new ticket will be pulled.
- The drawing is at the Mile High at 9pm SHARP!
- Tickets can be purchased here at the Mile High Grill until 8:45pm on Fri. Sept 7, and at Paul and Jerry’s and Nellie Bly’s until 5pm on Fri. Sept 7.
Best Llory Impersonation
- Come dressed as Llory and final judging will come from a three person panel of Llory’s friends who are used to picking winners.
- You don’t have to sing to win but you could win twice if you do!
- Winner will be announced at 9:15pm.
Lloryoke Karaoke Rules
- Llory’s playlist will be available and the song contest is from 7pm-9pm. Winner announced at 9:30pm.
- The audience votes for their favorite singer with Boobie Bucks! The contestant with the biggest, um, we mean most, bucks wins!
- Everyone coming into the event will be given a “pair” of bucks to get them started. Additional Boobie Bucks will be available for $1.00 each and all proceeds will be donated to the fundraiser.
We will have plenty of staff and volunteers on hand selling Boobie Bucks, t-shirts, and other items with 100% of the proceeds going to the fundraiser.
The baton is passed to The Spirit Room and the Arizona All-Stars Benefit for Llory McDonald on Saturday Sept 8th with nonstop music from 11am to midnight and all day Sunday Sept 9th. There is some great entertainment coming to town, including music legend Jerry Riopelle. We can’t wait, it’s going to be a great weekend in Jerome and it couldn’t be for a better person. You can also visit us on facebook at www/facebook.com/jeromemilehigh for more event information.